Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat!

Happy Halloween!!


We decided as a family that out of Saturday and Sunday, we would trick or treat on Saturday, seeing as how both days had festivities planned.  We went around to the churches and participated in their Trunk or Treat.  Brayden went as Buzz Lightyear.  We searched hopelessly for an Iron Man costume because that was what he just dreamed about being.  But we fell short after searching for his size.  He then picked out Buzz.  He was rather pleased and didn't want to take it off last night.  Aslynn was a fairy.  Although, if you ask her father the fisherman, she looked like a jig.  She picked out her wings and I made the tutu to match.  At first she wanted nothing to do with that tutu.  Then, by the night's end, she didn't want to take it out.  The neighborhoods have gone down-hill over the past few years.  I could remember many Halloweens growing up where there would be kids from dusk until well past dark ringing my father's doorbell.  I couldn't even begin to tell you how much candy we would go through in that night.  Now it seems like its just a sporadic house here and there.  Oh how I wish Brayden and Aslynn could experience a Halloween like I used to.

We have yet to actually carve our pumpkins and the kids paint theirs, but I think that that will happen tonight after nap time.  At least the kids painting theirs.  

I can't wait until my mother actually moves back down here.  She just absolutely loves Halloween.  It's her favorite holiday and I can't wait for her to share it with the kids.  Until then, its pictures upon pictures to share with her of the children living their lives.


How do you guys celebrate Halloween???

No comments:

Swidget 1.0