Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

  1. I've been on a crocheting kick again lately.  This time though, it has been pointed towards pot holders.  I made two for my sister and quite a few more for here at the house.  I have on incomplete on that I just can't bring myself to finish even though I oh am already like 95% done with it.  I'm just not thrilled with how the last round is working out.
  2. The kids and I have been spending our free time during the day alternating between a movie, reading, the playground or doing crafts.  I've become addicted to quite a few blogs dedicated only to crafts for toddlers, that soon I will be adding to my sidebar if you are interested.  
  3. As a sort of " I need to collect myself moment" I spent a long weekend up there and went to the UT/UAB football game in September.  Knoxville to me will always be home.  I miss that place dearly and I try constantly to convince my Alabama cheering husband that we should move up there.  He highly objects most of the time.
  4. While in Knoxville, I was introduce to the HBO series True Blood based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels.  I had a few of the books lent to me prior to to read but never started.  Then, I go up there, watch season 1 only to come home and within 2 weeks finish the other two seasons.  So needless to say, I am up to date when the time comes for the next season to start.
  5. I <3 the winter!  I hate what it does to my skin, but I love the clothes!  I have an unhealthy sweater obsession and scarf obsession and I love, love, love to wear them! And now, I've been working on crocheting some hats and toboggans for our little family.
  6. I am totally digging this tutorial on Candy Corn Earrings made out of paint chips!!  
  7. Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes are out!!! Eeek!!! Those are a total weakness of mine and I can't help it.  There is a difference between those and the everyday cakes that they have out year round.  I thought I was going to be let down this year because all I saw were the chocolate ones and that is just blasphemy.  But I found them!!
  8. My latest indulgence has been the purchase of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on Blu-ray.  Not Charlie, but Willy!  The original!  Yes! On blu-ray!  I was soo geeked when I saw it at Movie stop!  I am a huge Roald Dahl fan so this was just fantastic!
  9. Scheduling posts may just save my blogging life!  I sometimes tend to forget as the time gets closer to actually needing to post but this may keep things fresh!
  10. In the 4 weeks since I've moved back home, I have yet to cook one of my "typical" meals.  Yes, that means that every time that I have cooked, I have made something different that I have never made before!  I love it!  I always run the idea through my husbeast before making the plan but he's pretty much game to try anything once and he will be the first to let you know if he doesn't like it.



No comments:

Swidget 1.0