Thursday, November 4, 2010

Home made Kool-Aid play-doh

As a means of being a more instructive, creative parent I have spent countless hours looking at blogs upon blogs of crafts suitable for toddlers.  And I have come across quite a few good ones that I plan on sharing over time.  One that I just absolutely love is Pink and Green Mama.  She has tons of ideas that I am just aching to try.  She also puts together lesson plans centered around a certain theme that you can purchase that contain ideas and crafts, some of which she doesn't post on her blog.  I really want to see if I can convince the hubs to let me buy this one, Rainbow Fun.  And the price is a really reasonable price!  At $8.00 I really don't see why he wouldn't let me since it is for the kids.


But anyways!  


Recently the kids have shown and interest in play-doh.  We didn't have much, just the few little Easter eggs that were filled with some.  I had bookmarked her Kool-Aid play-doh recipe a while back and figured today would be the best day to make some to have.  I just wasn't feeling going outside in the slightly frigid temps that we are having right now here in the south.


I'm going to post my pictures and what all you need but you can check out her post about it here.




So as far as the cast of characters used to make you need:




1 Cup of Flour
1/2 Cup of Salt
3 teaspoons. of Oil 
1 Small Package of Kool Aid
1 Cup of Boiling Water

Mix the dry ingredients
Then add the oil and the boiling water
Stir well then knead on a piece of waxed paper.  She wasn't playing when she said it would be hot for a few minutes so be careful at this part.

I didn't have enough flour to make the third color so I only made the blue and the red.


I just stored mine in a ziploc bag in the fridge.  After their nap I'll get out the cookie cutters and let them go to town and let you know how it went!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0