Monday, August 29, 2011

What do you do when it is the hottest summer on record???

You craft!

That's right! You heard me, well, you read me. 

I acquired a new addiction this summer along with thousands, or maybe even millions of people.  Pinterest.  Hit a girl up if you want an invite because I love to enable :)

Well, one day, while letting the children run rampent, I was "pinteresting".  Yes.  It has even acquired it's own verb.  I stumbled across something and got that look in my eye.  Brad got scared.

Melted crayon art.

A two pack of canvases and 6 boxes of 24 count crayons later I was ready to get a craftin'.

Pick your pattern and hot glue the crayons to the canvas


Now with melting you have options.  You could set it outside and use the heat or you could use a heat gun or hair dryer.

My first one I started using the natural heat and got this


It was chunky. I didn't really like it.  So, I let it cool and made another one.

This was the second one I did and my favorite

And with that one, I used Brad's heat gun and I ended up liking the results much, much better.  So much better that I, in fact, took the heat gun to the first one and came up with this


Now they are awaiting me to get up off my butt and finish painting the kids room and hang them up.

One thing at a time.  Who the hell am I kidding? I'm queen of unfinished projects.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0