Monday, March 21, 2011

My oldest obsession

Nail polish.  Ever since I can remember, I've loved nail polish.  Me and my sister used to have one of those Sterilite containers full of polish.  One Christmas, dad got her a bunch of different colors.  Even though he didn't do it on purpose, all of the colors had names pertaining to moving out and such.  It was great.  I remember that morning.  When she moved out, that container and what polishes remained with me.  It moved out with me in 2006.

I had to upgrade containers this year.  That stash had dwindled because they either ran out, dried out or where one of those WTF moments we had.  Now, back then, we didn't know much more than Cover Girl, Sally Hansen, ect.

As we've gotten older, we've discovered China Glaze, Sinful Colors, Orly, OPI, Essie and now Zoya.

We've gone back and forth introducing each other to these.  Our latest is Zoya and I have two colors waiting for me to try them.

We call Ulta and Sally's the "shame shame" stores.

I went to Ulta yesterday.  I had a few child free hours to do whatever.  So what did I do?  I went to look at make-up and nail polish.

And there I discovered the clearance nail polish. Ohemgee!  Score.  We're talking, Essie, Ulta brand, Piggy Polish, China Glaze, ect all marked down.  Serious mark downs too.  I got an Essie polish for $2.99.  Ulta sells Essie for $8.00.

So here are pictures of my recent haul.  These include polishes that I bought earlier this month as well.

L-R: Seche Vite Top Coat, OPI Black Shatter, China Glaze Re-fresh Mint, Piggy Polish  Midsummer Midnights

L-R: Grey-T, Midsummer Midnights again, LIME Alright, Mystic

L-R: Sally Hansen HD in Laser, Ulta Purple Haze, Ulta Grin & Berry It, Ulta Life's a Beach

L-R: Zoya Dove, Zoya Danni, Essie Bordeaux

L-R: Wet N' Wild Black Creme, Wet N' Wild Sugar Coat, Sally Hansen White On, 10  Siren of the Sea

No comments:

Swidget 1.0