Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crazy weather and such

Okay, first of all, I live in Alabama. Off the top of my head, I can recall the last "snow storm" we had. 1994. 16 years ago. Snow isn't a big thing around here. I always joke that I'm going to get snow on my birthday. December 2nd. The last time that it snowed ON my birthday I was in middle school, so cira 2001. Nine years ago. Don't get me wrong, we have flurries and sometimes they stick. Keyword. Sometimes. Winter 2009-2010 brought more flurries than normal and most of those resulted in actually sticking and creating some white fluff.

So quick review...

Snow in good ol' Bama not so much a common thing.

So that leads me to this past December. Ever since the 12th, it has either snowed and stuck, flurried all day long or sleeted. Temps haven't risen above freezing and well, it's just plain cold for us "southerners".

Currently schools let out at 11 and most of the city has closed down due to the threat of freezing rain. Any time that that four letter word snow is mentioned, EVERYONE and their mothers flock to the grocery store to buy milk, bread and eggs. Seriously. French toast anyone??

So, I'm pretty sure that either Justin Bieber or this wonky weather means the end of the world is near. Besides, I have a friend who lives in Colorado and one day they had weather with temps in the 60s and we're getting snow with temps below freezing...yeah.


I'll leave you with this...a picture of the hubs frozen flat bottom boat. I don't think he'll be fishing any time soon....

No comments:

Swidget 1.0