Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fa la la la la lala la la

So this afternoon,  I thought I would finally take a stab at wrapping what gifts we had for the children.  There I sat, in the middle of my living room floor, presents scattered to and fro, a pile of paper and the ever disappearing scissors and tape.  I meticulously folded every corner, taped them up and made them looked fabulous.  I was proud of my endeavor once I was done.  I carefully placed them under the tree and looked at DH and said " how long before you think the kids will notice".

Famous last words.

Ha

Ha

I have a 3.5 year old and a 2.5 year old.  They noticed.  Aslynn noticed first but obeyed when she was told to put it back.  Then DH and I had to do the dishes.

That was the perfect time for them to launch their attack.

DH goes to check on them and I'm still scrubbing away(one day gosh darn it, I will have a dishwasher!) when all of a sudden I hear cries of punishment coming from their room.  I dash with the grace of a hippo over the baby gate to discover that they had celebrated Christmas a little early.  And they were in serious trouble.

The only thing I said to them was that they had hurt mommy's feelings and that was enough to make Aslynn start crying again.

So needless to say the presents are put up until Christmas eve.  I can't even reach them if that says anything.  Oh the joys of having married an ogre.

I'll wrap them again another time.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0