Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crocheting saves my sanity

No, really it does.  Don't get me wrong, I love being able to stay at home with my kids.  I love seeing them grow and being able to nurture them.  But some days I'd much rather sit back and watch them grow while crocheting then cleaning the house or doing laundry.  One of these days, if the schools ever open back up, Brayden will be in school two days a week and it will just be me and Little Miss.  And hopefully, on one of those two days, Little Miss will be going to preschool.  So then for the first time since really have children, I will have a day all alone to clean.  But I'm swaying off subject...


Crocheting is my "quiet place" so to speak.  It's when I sign off Facebook and pull up Ravelry and pull up a pattern.

I've been doing good here lately with it in completing the projects that I start.  I have a ton of WIPs that just sit in hibernation haha.

Here's what I've done so far since about December.  It isn't much, but again, remember, I have two preschoolers.

12x12 square I made for an afghan I'm working on

Another 12x12 square I made for the afghan.  This was Jan '11 CAL on Ravelry.

My mother's Christmas present which she has yet to get but knows about.  She requested slippers

Another color set for another blocked afghan.  Colors are Aran(Ivory color), Rouge(a darker coral color) and Fern

Christmas colors!!! Another blocked afghan I have planned.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0